In a bid to transform the Indian internet landscape, Reliance Jio has launched its much-anticipated Jio AirFiber service. This technological marvel leverages their robust 5G network to deliver lightning-fast wireless internet, boasting speeds exceeding 1Gbps.
While it may seem similar to JioFiber at first glance, these two services cater to distinct needs. Jio Fiber relies on traditional optical fiber cables, while Jio AirFiber operates wirelessly wherever there’s 5G coverage. But which one is the right fit for you? Let’s explore the benefits of each service to help you decide.
Jio AirFiber Benefits
Wireless High-Speed Connectivity
- Jio AirFiber offers fiber-like speeds without the constraints of physical cables. This wireless convenience enables swift connections to Gigabit-speed Internet, particularly benefiting remote areas where JioFiber or traditional broadband services struggle to reach.
- With Jio AirFiber, users can experience internet speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps, surpassing Jio Fiber’s 1 Gbps offering. The setup is a breeze with a simple plug-and-play installation. However, it’s important to note that the highest plan caps at 1Gbps speeds.
- Jio AirFiber comes loaded with modern features, including Wi-Fi 6 support, robust parental controls, and a built-in security firewall. This comprehensive package caters to both home and office needs. Additionally, subscribers gain access to a plethora of entertainment options with over 550+ TV channels and 16 OTT apps.
- Jio offers a diverse range of AirFiber plans, divided into Jio AirFiber and Jio AirFiber Max, delivering speeds of up to 1000Mbps. These plans are available on six- and twelve-month subscription options, spanning price points from Rs 599 to Rs 3,999. Notably, the installation fee of Rs 1,000 is waived for annual plan subscribers.
Jio Fiber Benefits
- One of the standout advantages of Reliance Jio Fiber is its affordability, with plans starting at a mere Rs 399 (excluding taxes). In contrast, Jio AirFiber plans initiate at Rs 599 (excluding taxes). Although the entry-level costs differ, the priciest plans ultimately fall within the same price range.
Stable and Reliable Connections
- Jio Fiber leverages optical fiber technology, renowned for delivering stable and consistent connections. While Jio AirFiber offers higher speeds, optical fiber ensures a more reliable internet experience.
- As of its launch, Jio AirFiber is accessible in eight major Indian cities, including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune. In comparison, JioFiber enjoys a wider footprint, currently serving more cities. However, Reliance Jio has ambitious plans to expand the availability of Jio AirFiber to additional cities in the near future.
Choosing between Reliance Jio’s AirFiber and JioFiber is not a one-size-fits-all decision. Your selection should hinge on your specific requirements and priorities. If you value wireless freedom, faster speeds, and advanced features, Jio AirFiber might be your top pick. On the other hand, if budget-friendliness and unwavering stability are paramount, Jio Fiber could be the better choice. Keep an eye on the expanding coverage of Jio AirFiber, as it could soon bridge the availability gap.
Which service is more budget-friendly, Jio AirFiber or Jio Fiber?
Jio Fiber offers more budget-friendly plans, starting at Rs 399 (excluding taxes), whereas Jio AirFiber plans begin at Rs 599 (excluding taxes). However, the priciest plans end up in a similar price range for both services.
Is Jio AirFiber available in more cities than Jio Fiber?
No, currently, Jio Fiber is available in more Indian cities than Jio AirFiber. However, Reliance Jio has plans to expand the availability of Jio AirFiber to additional cities in the near future.
Which service provides faster internet speeds, Jio AirFiber, or Jio Fiber?
Jio AirFiber offers faster internet speeds, with the potential to reach up to 1.5 Gbps. In contrast, Jio Fiber provides speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
Do I need optical fiber cables for Jio AirFiber?
No, Jio AirFiber operates wirelessly and does not require optical fiber cables for connectivity.
What are the key features of Jio AirFiber?
Jio AirFiber boasts features such as Wi-Fi 6 support, parental controls, a built-in security firewall, access to over 550+ TV channels, and 16 OTT apps.