Hair fall is a common concern that many individuals face, especially during the monsoon season. The hair loss experienced during this period is often a result of the annual moulting of hair follicles, which is a natural process. While it is normal to lose around 50 to 100 strands of hair per day for 1 to 2 months in a year, excessive hair loss should be addressed and taken care of. In this article, we will explore the major causes of hair fall in the monsoon season, provide tips to take care of your hair, and recommend a hair-healthy diet.
2. Understanding Hair Loss in Monsoon
Monsoon brings with it excessive moisture in the air, which can impact the health of your scalp and hair. The increased humidity can create a favorable environment for fungal infections, weakening the hair roots and leading to hair fall. Additionally, the first rain or rain after a long gap can carry chemicals that may damage the hair. Improper hair care practices, such as using a dryer to dry wet hair, can also contribute to hair loss. Furthermore, persistent medical issues like stomach upset and sore throat can affect nutrient absorption, which is essential for healthy hair growth.
3. Major Causes of Hair Fall in Monsoon
During the monsoon season, several factors contribute to hair fall. Understanding these causes can help you take appropriate steps to prevent excessive hair loss. Some major causes include:
- Excessive moisture in the scalp leading to fungal infections and weakened hair roots.
- Chemicals suspended in the first rain or rain after a long gap that can damage the hair.
- Improper hair drying techniques, such as using a dryer, which can cause hair loss.
- Concurrent medical issues affecting nutrient absorption necessary for healthy hair growth.
4. How to Take Care of Hair in Monsoon?
To maintain the health of your hair during the monsoon season, it is crucial to adopt proper hair care practices. Here are some tips based on your hair type:
Tips for Oily Hair:
- Use an antifungal shampoo at least thrice a week to keep the scalp clean and free from infections.
- Opt for very mild and less chemical-based shampoos, preferably baby shampoos, for daily use.
- Avoid excessive oiling of the hair. Instead, try using neem oil once a week, applying it half an hour before shampooing.
Tips for Dry Hair:
- Use an antifungal shampoo at least once a week to maintain scalp health.
- Shampoo your hair at least four times a week using a very mild shampoo suitable for dry hair.
- Oil your hair twice a week, applying the oil one to two hours before shampooing to nourish and hydrate the hair.
5. Recommended Hair Diet for Healthy Hair
Maintaining a nutritious diet is crucial for healthy hair growth and preventing excessive hair loss. Here are some dietary recommendations:
- Incorporate fresh fruits like beetroot, pomegranate, and green vegetables into your daily diet as they provide essential vitamins and minerals for hair health.
- Include sprouts in your meals as they are rich in proteins, fiber, Vitamin E, iron, and potassium.
- Consume protein-rich foods such as soybeans, eggs, yogurt, milk, milk products, and salmon. However, avoid whey and creatine products.
- Ensure you drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to flush out toxins from your body and maintain overall hair health.
- Minimize the consumption of junk food like pizzas, burgers, cakes, and pastries as they can contribute to hair thinning.
- Reduce your caffeine intake as it can also contribute to hair loss.
- Opt for a broad tooth comb to prevent hair breakage, and avoid steam and sauna treatments as they can weaken the hair.
Hair loss during the monsoon season is a common concern, but with proper care and a healthy diet, you can minimize its impact. By understanding the causes of hair fall in monsoon, adopting appropriate hair care practices, and incorporating a hair-healthy diet, you can maintain the health and vitality of your hair throughout the year.
For more updates follow Allinfohere
Is hair loss during the monsoon season permanent?
No, hair loss during the monsoon season is typically temporary and can be managed with proper care and a healthy lifestyle.
Can excessive oiling prevent hair fall in monsoon?
Excessive oiling can attract dirt and impurities, leading to further scalp issues. It is advisable to oil your hair moderately and choose a suitable antifungal shampoo for scalp hygiene.
Can I use hair masks during the monsoon season?
Yes, hair masks can provide nourishment to your hair. However, make sure to choose masks that are suitable for your hair type and avoid leaving them on for too long.
Are there any home remedies to control hair fall in monsoon?
Yes, some home remedies like applying aloe vera gel or onion juice to the scalp may help control hair fall. However, it’s essential to consult a dermatologist for personalized advice.
Is it necessary to change my diet during the monsoon season?
Adopting a healthy diet is always beneficial for your overall well-being, including hair health. However, there is no specific need to drastically change your diet during the monsoon season.