Joe Lewis, the former owner of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, faces insider trading charges by US federal prosecutors.

Lewis stepped back from his ownership position at Spurs on October 5, 2022, and the Premier League's board endorsed this decision.

The ownership structure at Spurs reveals that Enic owns 86.58% of the club, with the Lewis Family Trust holding a 70.12% stake in Enic. The remaining 29.88% is held by Chairman Daniel Levy and certain members of his family.

On October 5, the Lewis Family Trust underwent changes with the appointment of two trustees, Bryan Antoine Glinton and Katie Louise Booth, to manage it on behalf of Lewis' family.

Joe Lewis rarely involves himself in the club's decision-making, entrusting the day-to-day operations to Chairman Daniel Levy.

A close source claims that Lewis was unaware of the charges against him in the US and had recently reorganized his finances.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is distancing itself from Lewis in light of the charges, acknowledging him as their owner only until October 5.

The club faces ongoing challenges, including transfer negotiations, managerial changes, and the potential departure of key players like Hugo Lloris.

The situation surrounding Lewis' legal battle has raised uncertainties about the club's future, prompting speculation about its financial stability and operations.

Visit Allinfohere for more trending news